What is a Dental Bridge?
False teeth or pontics, that can fill in a gap where several natural teeth are missing. The bridge of false teeth are anchored at either end by dental crowns, and are usually made from porcelain.
Dental Bridge Procedure
Step 1: A dental impression or mold is taken.
Step 2: A custom bridge is created.
Step 3: The permanent bridge is fitted.
Dental Bridge FAQ
- Is the procedure painful? Anesthetic is used to the numb the area before the procedure, which means little to no pain.
- How long does bridge last? 10 years
- What is the length of the procedure? Two procedures are required, so time can vary.
- Caring for Dental Bridge?
- Regular brushing twice a day. Sensitivity toothpaste maybe needed.
- Flossing, paying attention to the bridge area.
- Use mouthwash and pay attention to gum tissue.