DENTAL GUARD (TEETH GRINDING)
What Is A Dental Guard?
Bruxism is a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth, either while you’re awake or during sleep. For some people, bruxism can be frequent and severe enough to lead to jaw disorders, headaches, damaged teeth and other problems. You may not be aware that you have sleep bruxism until complications develop, so it’s important to know the signs. If you have any of the symptoms listed below, schedule a consultation with our experiences staff to determine if a dental guard is the right solution for you.
- Teeth grinding or clenching, which may be loud enough to wake up your sleep partner
- Teeth that are flattened, fractured, chipped or loose
- Worn tooth enamel, exposing deeper layers of your tooth
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity
- Tired or tight jaw muscles, or a locked jaw that won’t open or close completely
- Jaw, neck or face pain or soreness
- Pain that feels like an earache, though it’s actually not a problem with your ear
- Dull headache starting in the temples
- Damage from chewing on the inside of your cheek
- Sleep disruption
- SCHEDULE HERE